NetApp Snapmanager Snapmirror

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Dave_unemployed, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Dave_unemployed

Dave_unemployed Nibble Poster

:blink

Any one got any recommendation on how i can learn about these?
    Money is tight at the moment until i get paid, so if you have a really cheap 2nd hand book for sell and living in London shoot me a PM pls

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP and MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

TBH I think this is going to either be hands on with OnTap and getting it that way (other than paying for the course that is).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

No NetApp books out there at all, unfortunately. NetApp training is also unutterably, hideously expensive. When I got chucked in at the deep end at work with a NetApp running our production DBs but no experience and no chance of getting the budget to pay for a NetApp course I downloaded the OnTap simulator. It's free - but you'll need a NetApp NOW account to get it. I can try and dig out an old copy of it together with some instructions for loading and using it on a Linux box... but I have to wonder why you're looking at NetApp at all? It's pretty complex stuff - and not for the faint-hearted. I wouldn't recommend even bothering with it unless you are actively working with it.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em