Need to record a web meeting

Discussion in 'Software' started by tripwire45, Jun 24, 2009.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi. Yeah, it's me. Long time, not been here. Pretty busy in other areas on the web. Sorry to barge in with a question but the head if IT says he needs to record a web meeting and wanted me to research applications that would be appropriate to the task. I briefly Googled it yesterday (these requests *always* come in at the end of business) but couldn't make heads or tails of the different apps. I'll be doing more research this morning but thought I'd mine the collective wisdom here. Ideas?

Thanks. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Probably difficult to find such software as most apps will bundle the two - conferencing abilities and recording.

Try this though... looks to be quite good although you have to purchase it. - LINK

Doubt you'll find freeware for this matey.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Thanks for the quick reply, Qs. Umeeting seems pretty pricey. So far, I've found them and WebTrain, which seems more reasonably priced. Doesn't have to be opensource, freeware, or shareware. Thought maybe someone out there was used to doing this and had some experience. :wink:

4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Nope, conferences just don't need to be recorded, that's what minutes are for :p. Just had a look at WebTrain and they seem the better choice.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

On the other hand, when one of the bosses says "I need this. Find me something", I tend not to argue unless I think they've lost their mind and sometimes not even then. :)

6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You should probably introduce yourself first. :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I don't recognize you, either. You look like AJ. :twisted:

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

10. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Have you looked at SnagIt? I use that for pretty much everything I need to record - webcasts, conferences, screen recording - the lot

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em