Need help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kieran18, Jul 17, 2006.

1. kieran18

kieran18 Bit Poster

Hi everyone... just been made redundant from my job which was doing laptop repair. wondering if anyone could help me out on finding a new one such as some recruitment agencies. Dont really have any networking experience although im learning. If anyone can help give me a shout please im in the manchester area.

Certifications: ncfe
    WIP: mcse
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Where would you say that your skills lie at present? Could you do help desk support? Or is it purely hardware maintenence that you are competent with?

Where would you like to be in five years time?

If it is just a job that you want then all of the main recruitment agencies will be able to help, if its a career that you're after then you need to have ideas and goals.

8)

3. kieran18

kieran18 Bit Poster

Ive been trying to get into helpdesk work as ive seen a few of them which say "no experience needed as full training will be given" but not heard nothing back from these. My main skills are hardware as this is all ive worked in so far. My main goals over the next few years is to get my mcse done as ive just started that.

Certifications: ncfe
    WIP: mcse
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I would regsiter with all the agencies and keep your eye on the local paper. Oh, don't forget the Jobcentre.

Best of luck.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT