Need help with one question??

Discussion in 'A+' started by ParviJatt, Sep 8, 2007.

1. ParviJatt

ParviJatt Bit Poster

I'm a bit lost with this question

Which of the following is the local user with the MOST authority on a computer running Windows XP?

A. BCM user
    B. Power user
    C. Network Configuration Operator
    D. Administrator

I used to think its Administrator, but when i did the exam with preplogic (practice) the answer is Power user, but now i did the practice test with CompTIA, the answer is Administrator....

Can anyone help? :blink

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

IMHO Administrator is correct. Preplogic seem to have got this one wrong! You might want to contact them about it - they may have already spotted it and fixed it.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. ParviJatt

ParviJatt Bit Poster

Cool, thanks for that, so whats a Power User?

4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

A power user is what is referred to as a person who is not quite as talented as an administrator, but yet is pretty good at computing. They are normally pretty good at detecting social engineering too, thus they are given permissions at a level somewhere between administrator and regular users because they will not abuse their computer nor unknowingly give a malicious user the opportunity to get access to their computer either.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with whats been said already. There are certain tasks that the power users are denied to, which is where the administrator comes in.

I would of also picked administrator as my final answer.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA