need help....which CBT

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by just4abdullah, Dec 8, 2007.

1. just4abdullah

just4abdullah New Member

Hi everyone.

i just registred today and this is my 1st Post. :D

i have studyed my mcse with one of the worst colleges, www.bcoc.co.uk

my last class was back in march, since that i never complete the exam, i found a job as 1st line support and now i am trying to clear the exams.
    i want to do a home study, i got some trainsignal CD's from ebay but i dnt thing is helpfull.:cry:

i want to go for Learnkey or CBT Nuggets but am not sure which one to take.

Any Advise.

Thanks

Certifications: BTEC Diploma, CCNA, 2MCP'
    WIP: MCSA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Learnkey and CBT Nuggets are of high recommendation, but you still need to go through the MS Press book and do the labs. After you have studied and finished the books then hit Transcenders or MeasureUp exam test prep tools.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. just4abdullah

just4abdullah New Member

Hi onoski,

i habe got MS Press book and i am reading it,

but dnt know which cbt to go with

CBT Nuggets or Learnkey

Certifications: BTEC Diploma, CCNA, 2MCP'
    WIP: MCSA
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

CBT Nuggets or learnkey are both good, so the choice would truly be yours. There is also TestOut which I learnt is also very good.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I've primarily used Learnkey's but I had used CBT Nuggets for a few things. I have to say that both are great. It really is up to you, and probably your pricepoint. Good luck on your studies, and I also must suggest that you do follow the labs in the MS Press books. Those are very good for hands on experience.

Good Luck!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  6. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

I actually prefer the TrainSignal videos. However they are not aimed specifically at passing the tests. Instead they look to make you more knowledgeable in specific areas of technology.

I have to second what the others have said thought - CBTS are not a replacement for the MS Press books and hands on experience with the product.