Need advice

Discussion in 'A+' started by benswip, Apr 14, 2009.

1. benswip

benswip Bit Poster

I am preparing a+ exams. I've read all in one comptia a+ certification exam guide, sixth edition by Mike Meyers. Does this book covers everything I need to know about to pass both 601 & 602 exams. I've seen some exam preparation software on internet garantees a pass, should I buy one of those for preparation.

Certifications: Comptia A+, Network+
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

The Mike Meyers series of books for A+ are excellent, and if you feel confident about the material in the AIO book you should be fine. I believe the book comes with free practice exams. How did you do on those?

If it guarantees a pass, it could be a braindump. Check www.certguard.com before purchasing anything.

3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Although AIO covers pretty much everything it's never a good idea to just have one study source.

Use www.certguard.com to find out if any sites offering practice exams are legit or not. Have a search on this site and you'll find some recommendations from people as well.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. benswip

benswip Bit Poster

I did the practice exam pretty well, actually I am quite confident but it stills worrys me cos this is my first time to take this exam. Thanks for giving me that website, I'll have a research on it and see how it goes.

Certifications: Comptia A+, Network+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. Monkish

Monkish Bit Poster

I read that same book and it was great. If you want more practice tests, wich I thought were helpful, you can purchase them from his website (http://www.totalsem.com/) for a nominal fee. I also found re-reading it a second time was good as well because you may understand things better after the first go-round.

Certifications: A+, Net+, Security+
    WIP: MCSE
  6. Dexter

Dexter Nibble Poster

This was the only book I used to pass my A+. LIke most I would recommend it without hesitation and it certainly was enough for me. THe only thing I would add is that it's just a guide and that it doesn't guarantee to cover everything, although in my experience no study guide will ever do that.
    I think the best thing to do is make use of the net and do a little extra reading from various sources on areas where you feel week or just get answears to those nagging questions that you think of when you go to bed at night. I don't really think buying extra study materials is necessary.

Remember that you're not being tested on the contents of the book (something I seem to forget almost every exam I do) but on the overall subject / concepts.

Good luck

Certifications: A+ N+ MCDST
    WIP: LPIC-1 - HTML - MYSQL