need a study partner

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by ak2006137, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ak2006137

ak2006137 New Member

hi all, i am currently studying for my A+ N+ and CCNA certs, and im hoping to find a study partner via msn or e-mail. i have only just started doing A+ and am on the hardware and software topic. i have read through it and made note's (highlighted important bits) and typed stuff up etc but i dont feel like i've learned anything but to be honest i know all the hardware stuff ( i have learnt a few things but its not really enough. so any self-studying ppl need an online study partner for the above certs please give me a shout.

alan
    :biggrin

WIP: A+ N+ CCNA
  2. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Self studying those three from the ground up is going to be one hell of a task. Can I suggest that you reconsider your plan? CCNA is not an easy cert, and it's not meant for people of no prior experience. Get your A+, and then consider whether you even want your N+. I wouldn't even bother with the CCNA until after that, and after you've had some experience.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  3. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

I agree. A CCNA with no commercial experience could prove to be a hindrance rather than a help. You should follow the A+ with the N+ and MCDST and start looking for entry-level jobs NOW.

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  4. ak2006137

ak2006137 New Member

yeah unfortunately i can't reconsider because my brother paid over 2 grand for the course then passed it to me......

he went with skillstrain.co.uk (so i am with them). i know its going to be hard looking at it makes me worry.

i was doing the mcse with another provider untill they up and left brighon (s-net.co.uk) so i really need for skillstrain to work for me.
    i cant back out now because of the above my bro has paid for the course (on finance- so any chance of refund etc is out the window). do you see my predicament.

in terms of A+ i think i'll be alright, as i said was studying at s-net. untill they screwed me over but i did learn a fair bit and A+ is mainly hardware and software and the o/s etc.

N+ is networking and thats my main goal. i know how to setup basic networks and i geuss when it comes to CCNA = which i am screwed on i will have to get a lab and maybe find someone to do that part of the course with.

thanks for the suggestion and i would if i could reconsider but i have no choice.

alan

5. ak2006137

ak2006137 New Member

yeah i agree too, i will have to stick to A+ and N+ and then the CCNA all three of the courses are paid for already and cant get refund so either way im screwed wether i like it or not. getting a job with no certs is hard enough and i think all i'd be able to get is something voluntry but who the hell takes someone on with no certs....?

and a training provider who only provides jobs after u certify and even then it will be hard to get any kind of job becaue there are ppl with more than 3 certs.

i was hoping to certify as A+ get a job and continue studying for the N+ once passed the a+ part.

once again, i have no choice now as to changing plans. im trying to learn as much as i can. i did e-mail my tutors yesturday about submitting tma's and deadlines and there are no deadlines but still what you guys say is totally true i know nothing about cisco apart from they do "networks" and far more complicated than a basic network with a few hubs and a switch etc.

thanks again,
    i think i will find a brick wall and smash my head againts it,maybe i will learn not to trust service providers again.

alan

6. dusen

dusen New Member

hi i think i can help you out on this CCNA stuff

am currently working on my CCNP to start next month. mail me on [email protected] if you are set

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, security+, DBA, Linux+
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...hopefully not with copyrighted or, worse, braindumped information... :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hopefully, your offer of assistance is open and above board. Also, posting your email address in an open forum will allow automated spambots to harvest it, making you a target for all kinds of spam. I'd advise you to remove it. Anyone on the board can just send you a private message (PM) via the board software.

If you cannot remove your email address from this post, notify one of the staff and ask that it be done for you.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. r66uso

r66uso New Member

hey alan,
    I too any studying A+ & N+ if u need a training partner drop me a email and will swap notes..
    [email protected]

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Heeeere we go... :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. bootneck1

bootneck1 Bit Poster

I am also starting to study for the A+ so PM me when you can

Certifications: SDH, PONS,AIR BLOWN FIBER SYSTEMS