Need A+ Cert ASAP (help)

Discussion in 'A+' started by DangerZoning, Apr 17, 2015.

1. DangerZoning

DangerZoning New Member

Hey everyone I'm a newbie to the certification world. Fresh out of college after this semester and really want some certifications to go along with my IT degree. Been told from several people that two of the big certs to first have are CCNA and A+. I figured I'd start with the A+ and was looking at an online course that starts next monday and lasts 6 weeks. Definitely in my time-frame. I know the self-study option is also available, but I feel like online classroom learning might be easier (both for me and in general).

What do ya'll think? Should I take the class? It's all online and is offered by George Mason University. Other option is self study, but I feel like I'm risking not passing the exam (right away at least) if I go that method. Unfortunately I have to make a decision soon, as the last day to register for the course is next Monday.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

In my honest opinion you should be able to self study the A+ in no time at all, I wouldn't spend money on that cert at all. Now the CCNA is a different thing completely from multiple angles.
    1. It's not a fresh out of college cert, it's aim is for an already existing Networking engineer proving their experience (you aren't and don't have the experience).
    2. It's not something that you can self study for over night (where as the A+ depending on your abilities can be done in a couple of weeks).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. agib

agib Bit Poster

I agree with SimonD, the A+ is pretty easy to do

4. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

what book you guys recommend for a+ with questions and answers?

5. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

6. zizobouta

zizobouta Bit Poster

thanks kopite