Native VLAN Mismatch

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Jellyman_4eva, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Hi,

Going mental here at a client site and am sure I have forgotten some of my CCNA...

Got a 2960 with 24 ports..

This is uplinked to the core switching area via two ports which have trunking (802.1q) enabled (No restrictions on what VLAN's can traverse the trunk)..

All other ports on this switch have been set to switchport mode access vlan 200

Now, I need to plug another brand new unconfigured 2960 into this switch, however as soon as I do, I have no layer 3 connectivity... I can do show cdp neighbor and see the switch and port to which the new 2960 is plugged.....

I can do switchport mode access on a port, and this lets me connect back through the core.. but then I get CDP warnings stating native VLAN mismatch...

Any ideas? Plugging in a cheap switch works fine straightaway?

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Sounds like the native VLAN is different on the two switches. Check what it is and correct it on the switch you're putting in and it should be fine

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. darioosh

darioosh New Member

Yeah and make sure you hard core ports feature, no desirable or auto as if it mismatch it may put port in a down state

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP BSCI