N10-004 Network+ exam to be retired 31st August 2012

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Coupe2T, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

All,

As per my previous thread asking when this exam would be discontinued and the new one opened up to be taken, I sent a support note to Comptia directly and was told that the existing exam will be retired on the 31st August 2012.

The exam objectives for the new N10-005 exam look a lot more in depth to me at a glance, so anyone interested in N+ might wanna get on to completing this before then.

Below is the note received back from Comptia

Ticket Solved.

The Network+ N10-005 exam for the 2011 objectives is scheduled for launch late fourth quarter 2011. No specific release date has been announced at this time.

CompTIA Network+ 2009 objectives (N10-004) is scheduled to retire August 31, 2012.

Please check our website regularly for news and updates on the Network+ certifications.

CompTIA Network+ Certification homepage: CompTIA Network+ Certification

Thank you for using the Customer Support Center.

Thought i'd post it up for information for anyone else who wanted to know.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. dhenderson

dhenderson Bit Poster

Thats surprising. They do usually review the exam objectives every few years. As i said in the last thread, they usually give you quite a bit of notice and as you can see they have. I wonder what might be covered thats different to the 2009 objectives? You should be able to get it done by the deadline though, it took me 1 month- 2 months self study but i found the A+ made it easier.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: MCTS: 70-640 - Active Directory Server 2008 , configuring.
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

They have the objectives up on the website to download, you need to fill out your details but you can download the objectives now for the N10-005 exam. Just looking again at them as I have it here, looks like a lot more but may not be, not sure now! lol.

I can paste the info onto this thread but it would be a huge post so not sure it's wise. Or I could upload the objectives to a free download site and link it but not sure if that's allowed on this forum!?!

4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Stick it in a .doc and attach it.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the info, will have to get started on that straight away next year.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  6. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Objectives for the N10-005 attached.

Let us know what ya think of the new objectives.

7. dhenderson

dhenderson Bit Poster

Seems to be a few changes to the current objectives, more virtual stuff. I think i am going to go down the CE route and build up CEU points so i dont have to take the current exam.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: MCTS: 70-640 - Active Directory Server 2008 , configuring.
  8. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yeah, that's what I am planning on doing, complete the current N+ exam and then sign up to CE to maintain it going forward.

Also want to sit Security+ too so that will be the first follow up to the N+ that I do.

Newer N+ exam definately seems a bit more complex to me though and seems more in depth looking at those objectives.

9. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for this info, better crack on with my Network+...been a bit lazy for the last couple of weeks since passing my A+

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  10. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Does this make doing a N+ ow kinda less worth it due to it being out of date soon?