N+ questions on older technologies

Discussion in 'Network+' started by supermd, Feb 19, 2009.

1. supermd

supermd New Member

Hi,
    just a quick question, I've been going through some Network+ test questions I found on the net and there were a few relating to Windows 95, netBEUI networks and some outdated technology. Does the exam still have these types of questions or am I just looking at older pracice questions?

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

it may well do everyones exam is different so it could have questions on NetBUI just be careful your not using brain dumps or illegal material as usually free is crap or illegal.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Careful... a lot of the free stuff on the net is braindumps.

I dunno if the Network+ tests on that stuff anymore, to be honest. That said, if I knew, NDAs would prevent me from saying. The best advice I can give is to look at the Network+ exam objectives on CompTIA's Web site.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. supermd

supermd New Member

I see what you mean. I wasn't knowingly looking for braindumps, just a couple ot practice ?'s to see what it was all about and how i managed. I think i'll stick to official material though. cant believe everything you read on the net can you?
    I was really just wondering how updated the exam was as stuff like wireless technology has come along which I would need to study up on, but some of the older stuff, which I used to know, may not be relevant anymore so I dont really want to waste time re-learning obsolete info.
    I guess the best way is just to buy the study guide and get on with it.

5. greenbrucelee

visit compTIAs website to get the objectives.

6. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

It does seem the books do talk about it a little. Taken from the N+ objectives:

2.4 Differentiate between the following network protocols in terms of routing, addressing schemes, interoperability
    and naming conventions:
    • IPX / SPX (Internetwork Packet Exchange / Sequence Packet Exchange)
    • NetBEUI (Network Basic Input / Output System Extended User Interface)
    • AppleTalk / AppleTalk over IP (Internet Protocol)
    • TCP / IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol)

Best to read through them all and see what you have to cover.
    If you have been studying for a while, and you think you're ready to take the exam, try Testout Free Trial which has a good 400 questions.

7. vicky_mct

vicky_mct New Member

try Pass4sure they one of the best ones i have come accross but again its alwasy nice to go thru the exam objectives....

8. greenbrucelee

Pass 4 sure is a braindump using it can get you decertified.