My website is finally done!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by mallet, Aug 10, 2009.

1. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

After what feels like 2 years to finish, my website is finally complete!
    The website is called: www.fire-up.co.uk
    fire-up.co.uk lets users upload flash games onto the site. All content that gets uploaded then gets screen just to make sure the game is safe.

The project for this initially started back in Sept 2007. it wasnt continuous work on it. but it did take up most of my spare time.
    Doesnt make it better that I didnt have expert web skills or how to fiddle a internal search engine or how to make a logo using Paint Shop Hell! Hence, why I havent been on CF for some time :(
    But looking to stay around CF now I have some free time.
    It does have two minor problems with the site but that doesnt stop the site working. But still needs fixing.

Any comments or improvements to the site will be gladly accepted. I get the feeling theres a lot that needs to be added. But be kind, its my first website :biggrin

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  2. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Nice job!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Good work

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Nice clean site...

However one minor critiscim (sp) I think you need a front page explaining wht the sites about and that people can upload t hier own flash games here etc. Theres nothing to tell you this, just an upload game link.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for all the kind support guys :thumbleft

hmmmm, you have very very good point. By this, you dont mean by having a icon that says 'Upload' but rather a page lets say, in the help section that explains all this upload malakey? Do you think a small description just below the navigation categorys might be a good idea?

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP