My New GPU rocks!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by quuuaid, Apr 9, 2011.

1. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

So it's my birthday and I got a new graphics card, the MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC!

Pretty straight forward installation, although it didn't work the first time and I needed to remove it and make a few BIOS changes (i guess I got a bit excited and was too hasty :D). Another minor minus point was the installation software was terrible, but thankfully I didn't need it as everything's on the MSI website.

Anyway, just ran Crysis for two hours on it and it plays in Very High with anti-aliasing x4 no probs using the out-of-the-box specs, awesome! Can't wait to see what it'll do once I've OC'd it! :twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

That's good to hear as you have learnt something in the process. The only thing I would change or upgrade on your system judging from your signature for your PC spec would be the PSU.

You'd at least need a 700w or more. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Thanks onoski. I agree, the PSU does need an upgrade. I'll be doing that pretty soon. I think I'll also spend the extra to get a modular one to minimise the clutter in there. Also, a couple more fans in the case won't hurt cuz the GPU's running pretty hot!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP