My CV

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by jazzy jazz, Jan 29, 2015.

1. jazzy jazz

jazzy jazz Bit Poster

Hi guys can I have your thoughts on my CV? I have applied for many jobs and dont seem to get shortlisted.

I did have one interview in early January but i was not successful.

Any feedback would be appreciated !!!

Attached Files:

• CV.doc
      File size:
      44 KB
      Views:
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, ITIL V3, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Jaz, mate, some of that CV is great but some of it is really shocking, it's no surprise that you aren't succeeding to interview based on that.

Having certs is great but where in your job description are you actually describing how you're using that technology? There is nothing actually IT related in either of your job descriptions and for someone having been in a role for the last 7 years you need far more information than the 5 lines present. also remove the local super market job customer service reference as it's not IT related (and if it is, why doesn't it actually reflect it).

I hate to say this but the CV looks to be from two different people, one who works in IT, the other who doesn't.

You need to embelish the IT work you do, make people take note of your recent experiences and want to interview you, based on that CV I wouldn't want to interview you because I honestly don't know what you have done for the last 7 years, has it been EUC, Networking or working in the local PC World?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Hi Jaz,

Have to agree with Simon, not to be harsh but looking at your work experience etc this is what I read as being your skillset:

Your technical skillset at the moment reads like someone who has already had substantial IT work experience but this isn't backed up by anything else in your CV. To me this is the most 'damaging' part of your CV as it gives the impression you believe you have very little to learn when your experience is all theoretical.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. jazzy jazz

jazzy jazz Bit Poster

Ok Guys thanks for the feedback. The truth is my current role is not IT related at all therefore all of my technical skills are ones i have learnt through self study and certs and uni.

I feel like i am hitting a brick wall at the moment in terms of getting my first IT job.

Certifications: A+, N+, S+, ITIL V3, MCDST
    WIP: 70-682
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I'm afraid it can be a long slog getting that first foot in the door, out of interest what sort of roles are you applying for?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10