My Course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by kevicho, Mar 19, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Im looking for opinions here, I am of the opinion my online course (im dual revising with books) is woefully inadequate, and i have just come accross this section in the pdf for their 70-291 revision.
    Below is the entirety of the cover for these two topics, is this enough? (As a side note the entire pdf is 272 pages long including credits and other blank pages)
    The MS section is reasonably large on these topics, and even my IT illiterate sister would probably match this content.

There is much more wrong with the PDF, and I think this gives a good idea of this, but do you think that they are not providing adequate training resources if this is the best they can muster (admittedly the events could be useful but who will memorise those?).

There are no instruction on how to get to these utilities, anything re setting capture and viewing filters, nothing, when to use each tool etc.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

This is why hands on experience is highly recommend. The MS courses will tell you about the technology but will not necessarily tell you when to use it. Stuff like network monitor has to be installed as an extra, as it's available of the CD, however that is only a "lite" version. Most of the times MS will reference SMS or MOM (other products), however as it's isn't part of the objectives you don't have to learn these products in depth, but you do need to know of them and what they can do.

I'm a part-time lecturer (teaching up to MCSA/MCSE level), and I find alot of Microsoft training courses (MOC) not that adequate, especially the 70-291.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Im quite lucky as I do a lot of the stuff in day to day, but im thinking other people looking at this wont have a clue.
    Also im angling for demanding my money back.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Mate, the only thing I can say is what I tell my students, go and complain. If they can't/won't refund all your money, see if they'll do a partial refund as an "act of good faith" :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security