My band is going INTERNATIONAL!!!!!

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by drum_dude, Sep 5, 2007.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Sod IT...I got this today on the old email!! Either it's for real or George Adgdgdgwngo from the fonejacker is up to his old tricks on email!! I was thinking to ask for 18,000,000 Ugandan Dollars (EIGHTEEN MILLION UGANDAN DOLLARS)...LOL!!!:biggrin :biggrin

Sent: 05 September 2007 13:12
    Subject: URGENT INVITATION !! ! TO COME PERFORM AT OUR SON'S WEDDING!! !

Greetings,

My name is Mr. Peter Thomas; I reside in San Jose California in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.

My wife and I came across your advert online concerning your Music Band and we are highly impressed.

Basically, our only son is getting married very soon and we would like you and your band group to come perform at this memorable event.

My son as always been a fan of different musical bands there in the United Kingdom and he would be highly flabbergasted to know that I went through thick and thins to have a Musical Band perform on his evergreen event of his life time.

At the event the will be a lot of highly respected Dignitaries and a whole bunch of renowned people, like other Artist & Comedians. That I supposedly believe that you would love to meet.

Allow me keep their name, so I won’t let out all the surprises this event is going to bring for everyone.

I would be grateful if your esteemed presence is recorded here with us on this coming special day.

I would like to inform you that all necessary expenses of your (Band) coming here, will be personally taking cared of.

Such as: Your Traveling Ticket Fees, Hotel Reservations, Feeding and every other thing.

Regardless of your charging fee for your performance.

So if you are interested please quickly send us an email with the following details:

YOUR FULL NAME.........

AGE.........

ARE YOU A SINGLE SINGER?

ORCHESTRA?

OR ARE YOU GROUP SINGERS? (IF YOU ARE A GROUP, HOW MANY ARE YOU IN YOUR GROUP?)

ARE YOU A DANCER..................?

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU SING (e.g. Rock, Urban, Country, Techno, Oldies, Jazz)

DO YOU PLAY ANY KIND OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT (IF YES: WHAT KIND OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT)

HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE TO BE HERE?

Please send your soonest reply to: [email protected]

Mr. & Mrs Thomas.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

£1.6million per hour plus expenses and a trip to that ranch in Nevada with the legal brothel that was on the playboy channel the other day:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Sounds like a good deal to me, i might even pop an old email over and see if they're interested in my stand up as the opening act before your band! :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. drum_dude

just make sure you negotiate a good fee! :rolleyes: :p

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If he wants to hire your band, why is he asking if you are a single singer or a group of singers?

Honestly, if these guys put 10 minutes worth of thinking into these emails they'd get a lot more suckers (fortunately they don't).

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

yep. dead giveaway if you ask me. give em credit though, at least its not about shares and the like. its imaginative at least.

course, you could chance that the email is legit and ask for a (non-refundable) deposit to make a booking. course, if they did do it, and you went over, i would personally expect to see a bunch of hulked up brutes looking for a fight in the near future.

EDIT:

Mike, are you not telling us something? has there been some sort of coup/invasion by one of the states? (my money is on texas. must have more guns in there than the whole of the US' population)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I played at their daughter's wedding last year - tight-arsed barstewards never even covered our bar tab :dry

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I'm sure he'd be happy to give you a non refundable deposit, but what you would actually get is a stolen cheque. You deposit the cheque, it clears no problem, the money is available. And no doubt they will have given you double what is actually needed for the deposit and ask you a favour as well, which is to send half the money to someone else once the cheque has cleared. Which you then oblidgingly do ...

Then a few weeks later the bank will be in touch to let you know that the original owner of the cheque has noticed the money missing from their account and that you now have to pay that money back to the bank because under the law you just deposited a stolen cheque, wether you knew it or not ...

So now you are out of pocket by several hundred quid, and you don't even have a booking ... There are variations on this scam and they nearly all involve the stolen cheque con.

Another similar one has been doing the rounds on ebay. You put an item up and the prospective buyer gets in touch via email etc.. They will send several emails to try and build a relationship of trust. Eventually they will offer you more than you wanted for the item and will offer to send a cheque. eg, the item was up for £500, they offer you £650 for it, and send you a cheque for £1000. They will then ask that you send the item + the extra £350 quid (because the cheque will clear no problem).

So your well pleased that you have sold the item for more than it was worth until the bank gets in touch ... Now you are £1000 out of pocket and you have sent the item and got nothing for it ...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. drum_dude

Serves you right for getting pissed on the job mate! :biggrin :biggrin :D

10. drum_dude

It's amazing that they're moving onto other things now such as bands! We get quite a few of these a month! Like nugget said - if they put some thought into the grammer then they may well get a sucker!!!

11. drum_dude

I view of Gav not getting his bar-tab covered last year, I'd suggest that any of you lot thinking of going for the comedian, band, dancer or orchestra role should SPECIFY on the contract that you expect booze to be included and payed for!!

Please, lets all learn from Gav's mistake! :):)

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No; we all decided to voluntarily abandon California. The other 49 states have decided to go by a different name. :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Thanks mate - all part of the Jakamoko Internet Public Information Service ("jakey piss" for short) :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  14. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Why don't you create an email account just for dealing with these jerks and then just keep on playing them? "Almost", but not quite, fall for their scheme again, and again, and again, but always have a logical excuse ready for why you couldn't do what they asked right now, but leave the door open for the next time. Waste their time, and have fun at their expense while just screwing with them.... :twisted:

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1