My 1st Transcender

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by mondos, Mar 29, 2007.

1. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

I just had to share this with you guys and gals. I was hoping to be taking the exam for 70-271 about now but studying for this and Network+ and family life and trying to find a job has been taking its toll so I'm only half way through the book at the minute.

I've been using XP since it came out but I'm certainly no expert, alot of 70-271 is new to me but I thought I'd give the transcender a go, just to see what the questions are like and to see if I'm taking it in.

I nearly fell off the chair when I got the results, 80% WTF.

I couldn't believe it ,yes a little bit of guesswork but mostly by powers of deduction and common sense(sort of).
    Are they easy tests? Are the real exams harder? I don't know, I'm sure some of you guys can let me know. Or is it just because I'm gifted (I wish) :biggrin .

Anybody else experienced these kind of pleasant surprises just when you need boost.
    I'm sorry if it sounds like blowing my own trumpet but this just made my day.

The funny thing is, without the multiple choice, I wouldn't be able to answer half these questions. This is why I'm giving myself another month before I book the exam so I can really get to know this stuff, at the end of the day I believe the MCDST is the cert thats going to land me my first IT job (hopefully).

I think it's time for a beer now, cheers :beers2 .

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

80% on a preset?

80% straight off with Transcender is a good score.

Best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Thanks, I'm gonna take it with a pinch of salt at the minute though, like I said, some guesswork and deduction, not by knowledge alone. Hopefully I'll get the same result in amonths time.

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Mondos,

I used to put off using Transcender for too long (i feel).

Nowadays, I start to use it when I feel I have a good understanding of the material; so after one preset I have a good idea of where my weak area's are.

Good luck

5. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

I just wanted to try one, it's not going to be my only test material, I'm also going to get exam cram for a bit of variation.

Must say I didn't notice a timer though , takes ages reading the questions .

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Good luck

7. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

It was the optimised practice exam, that explains why there was no timer then. cheers Boyce.

8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

no probs. don't forget the exam history to see (in graph form) the five (usually) area's of the exam objectives.

Si

9. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

I personally found the transcenders harder than the real exam too for 70-271.

Dont be down on yourself for getting any answers by deducting the wrong answers, as that just goes to show even if you are not sure what to do, you know what definitely not to do...

fair play to you mate - just book it and go for it!

Certifications: 270, 271, 272
    WIP: 70-290
  10. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Will do W2k, sorting out my voucher next week, when my giro comes.