my 1st month in my new job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Cookies81, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Cookies81

Cookies81 Bit Poster

OK so been in my new job for a month now and am surprised at the level of I.T support im going to be giving compared to my lack of certifications, and limited experience in certain areas like active directory support.

I am pleased coz it is giving valuable experience needed for certain exams such as windows 7 desktop technician.

been finding it hard to crack on with studying for my certs due to traveling and the age old no money conundrum, hope this new job can help in those areas.

2012 could be a good year :biggrin

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+ and Network+
  2. Cookies81

Cookies81 Bit Poster

just adding a little something else to those looking for their 1st I.T role,

I was luck to have my name put forward for the position as i never would have based on my experience (barely 5 months on printer support line) and no qualifications, the agency in question is Alexander Mann Solutions, not sure how fare down the country they offer places, but definately the north east england, so any one looking for work send em your CV, if I can get through we all can

The company i work for is called ATOS and they appear to have all manners of I.T based jobs from on site technicians to helpdesk staff across the country so again try them out if your looking for work

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+ and Network+
  3. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

ATOS are a large IT services co so should have loads around the UK ;) Similar to Capgemini, Capita etc.

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good stuff and congrats! Only going upwards from here on! :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA