Multilingual User Interface

Discussion in 'Software' started by Johnd76, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Is the Multilingual User Interface on a user by user basis? or if you change your interface then everyone who accesses the computer their interface is changed also?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

It's selected by the individual user, although you can set a default language for all new users.

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

I use the japanese Input Method Editor and regardless of profile the option of switching languages is available to all users, the MUI, as Stoney said, I would've thought will also be available to all people logging on to that computer, ie they can choose which language to use

4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I know i can get MUI languages through my Ultimate extras and you can CDs from Microsoft, but do I need to pay for them?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  5. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

I think you have to pay for the MUI for the o/s, I know we got ours from Dell and we were invoiced for them.

You used to be able to d/l the MUI's for Office from Microsoft for free, but if you want the Language packs for Office 2007 you have to buy them.

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270