MTA security fundamentals

Discussion in 'Security Exams' started by zxspectrum, Jun 5, 2018.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hey

Well another exam under my belt, i thought this was easier then the network fundamentals to be fair, basically there a lot of common sense questions in it.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Juelz likes this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congratulations Ed. What study materials did you use mate

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Nice mate, Im currently going through the material for network fundamentals. Never touched much networking before bar pinging a few devices but as my job now requires me to learn networking/security thought I may aswell go for it. Whats next on the agenda?

4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hey

Study materials, well to be fair i have amassed it over the years, for the exam itself, i did very little study if I am honest, I was confident before the exam, as I say I found the network one harder and I studied for that.

For the network one Juelz you can always rely on the professor messer vids on youtube, which are free.

Next on the agenda, well I dont know. My job doesnt really need these skills, however as I know there are some more jobs coming in the pipeline which will be a grade above what I am on and more akin to what I know, i think it will have to be some SCCM based stuff to impress the people on the panel so to speak

Zx

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security