MTA Exam 98-349

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Safe, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Safe

Safe Bit Poster

I am thinking about doing Exam 98-349 to get the MTA before taking the MCSE. Haven't done any Microsoft exams before so think this would be good to begin with.

I've been working in IT support for years so could possibly take the exam with no prep?

What do people suggest for prep for this exam? Is there anything on microsoft academy online? I tried searching but it wasn't in english! Thanks a lot for any help.

Certifications: BSc, A+, ECDL, PRINCE2, ITIL
    WIP: MTA
  2. generic_eric

generic_eric Bit Poster

I'm also thinking about taking this exam. I only use windows 7 at work currently but thought it would be a good entry level exam as well as the A+.

3. Safe

Safe Bit Poster

Yes Eric I think this would be useful for you. Does anyone advice on this exam for prep etc ?

Certifications: BSc, A+, ECDL, PRINCE2, ITIL
    WIP: MTA
  4. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

When I did 98-349 (my first ever cert), I just used the MOAC book. Just read through and answer all the summary questions, do the online practice test which should still be included with the book and then take the exam. If you've already got IT experience, then try just going through the questions. Just make sure you go through the exam objectives (e.g. you need to know about Windows OS upgrade paths and editions etc)

Good luck :)

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect