ms office pro 2007 licence resale

Discussion in 'Software' started by j1mgg, Mar 12, 2011.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

A couple of weeks ago I was at an auction of a closed pub and bought a box of it stuff for 2 pound. In the box was a couple small/hubs which is why I bought it. In the box was also the office 2007 box with 2 discs, manual thing and also the coa sticker. I want to sell this on eBay so how can the new owner use the key as it will have been installed on one of the pubs desktop but they are officially the owner of the key. The pc it was on should have been wiped but what happens in this case?

Cheers

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Not 100% sure on this but i think that it will be fine. I vaguely remember reading somewhere (could be here) that your paying for the COA not the discs, so if you have the COA then all should be good. Someone should be to confirm this though.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

It probably won't activate and so involves the phone call to the activation centre and blagging a new code.

I assume this was FPP (full retail product ) - if it was oem the lic is not transferable.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

OEM licenses may well live and die with the machine, but that doesn't mean Microsoft aren't happy to bend their own rules.

You can normally get away with activating a OEM product on more than one machine using telephone activation. This particularly applies to Office as you get asked whether it's installed on more than one machine. If you say no, you get an activation code. Simple as that.

I'm not saying this is within the MS EULA, is ethical, or even legal, I'm just saying that Microsoft seem to be happy with it. :biggrin