MS Exams- A step up from CompTIA?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by theotherone, May 9, 2007.

1. theotherone

theotherone Bit Poster

I've just completed the Security+ exam and I'm moving onto 70-290.

Is there a general consensus that MS Exams are quite a bit harder than Comptia?:hhhmmm

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,P+,70-290, MCDST
    WIP: 70-291,Convergence+,Linux+,70-270
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

If you know your stuff, no exam is hard. But overall the MS exams are considered to be harder than Comptia.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i have never taken a comptia exam but i can speak from the ms side of things. No study guide will ever prepare you for a ms exam or any exam for that matter. With MS exams you need plenty of hands on experience and time in a lab to make sure you know how to do the things you need to know in pratice and not just out of the book.

JMO 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

The MS exams are harder IMO. The questions are much longer and there are also sims to deal with.

That doesnt take anything away from the comptia certs though, very worthwhile and the A+ and Network+ are great certs to start you off :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs