MPs rack up £87.6m in expenses, no wonder NJC pay hasn't been agreed.

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

MPs rack up £87.6m in expenses

MPs claimed £87.6 million in allowances last year - a like-for-like rise of around 5% on the sum for the previous 12 months.

The cash includes money for travel by MPs and their staff, London homes, office costs, computers and stationery.

For the whole story see here.

Now I have an alternative reason for posting this here, now if you're like me and on the NJC payscales (National Joint Council for Local Government Services) you're probably waiting for the cost of living raise.

First of all they offered 2%, now they are offering 2.475%, now I understand why the unions are still in talks regarding pay. With news like the above... A MP's average yearly salary of £60,277 (not including this years raise) plus allowances, you think that they would at least offer the rate of inflation which is currently 2.5%

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Holy crap! :ohmy I'm in the wrong field!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Its scandalous.

Most MPs are complete idiots who couldn't do a real job if it came with instructions on how to do it.

They can spend our money and not even have to account for it, if it comes under the heading of expenses.

The majority (and I can think of a couple who are good) don't deserve the minimum wage as they do NOTHING.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Some of the things that have been paid for by the allowances for MP's that tax payers have to foot include: Wife, 2 Mistresses and a quad bike, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Holy crap! :ohmy I'm REALLY in the wrong field! :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee

And the frequent trip to brothels and I know this for a fact.

I use to know a girl who worked in one and a famous MP used to go there regularly, probably paying with our cash.

7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Unfortunately, stuff like this is true and those that save life's and work hard barely get anything but slander after slander.

The NHS for instance where there are currently too many managers doing jack all and then you get those who have worked hard went to medical school for 4 to 5 yrs and can't even get a job with a decent wage.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. greenbrucelee

Agree totally there mate, too many managers in the NHS running it like a bussiness who take all the praise and cash, whilst the doctors but especially nurses get jack.