Mozilla accept to help Microsoft

Discussion in 'News' started by zimbo, Aug 25, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Mozilla accept to help Microsoft

Mozilla has accepted Microsoft's offer of help toward ensuring interoperability between Firefox and the upcoming Vista operating system.

Microsoft's offer to help came on Saturday when Sam Ramji, the director of the company's open-source lab, posted an open letter on a blog used by Mozilla developers. Microsoft offered to open up a new open-source facility at its headquarters in Redmond, Wash., to Mozilla software engineers, including giving them one-on-one time with Microsoft workers. The offer includes help with Mozilla's Thunderbird e-mail client.

More here

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Mr.Cheeks
      Mr.Cheeks
      Z- was just gonna post that article... :twisted:
    2. Boycie
      Boycie
      I take it Vistas new clients will be based on all the hard work of FF and TB then?

Si
    3. zimbo
      zimbo
      i think they will have it like in the Add/Remove Windows Components... Add Firefox and Thunderbird... remove IE and OE!:twisted:
    4. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      I suspect that this may be an old IT tactic which MS is particularly good at.

You invite a competitor (or someone smaller than you who may BECOME a competitor) to join in with a project.

Then you make them sign a ton of non-disclosure agreements and tell them all of your secrets.

That way, when they are back home, anything they try to produce you sue their asses off and say it was your idea. They then have to prove that it was theirs, which is surprisingly difficult...
    5. zimbo
      zimbo
      so you reckon this is real bad news for FF?
    6. Boycie
      Boycie
      i think so....