Moving on... sort of

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Apexes, May 19, 2015.

1. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I've been offered to move with work to manage a project with a new SCCM roll-out across our other offices - In the USA. Texas specifically.

I'm so excited a little bit of wee came out when it was confirmed they were interested in getting me over there. I've been there several times to the office and loved it, so I've got a couple of weeks to think about the situation and decide if i want to go.

Financially - it's going to work out massively beneficial for me, but also could be a permanent move.

Has anyone else re-located abroad and stayed there permanently? any thoughts / comments on the thing you found most difficult?

I've done a temporary relocation to Berlin, but that was only 3 months - this would be a permanent move. interested on hearing others thoughts on re-locations with work.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
    Jaron78 likes this.
  2. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Excellent work sir, rather jealous in all honesty.....Though do stay clear of Wako for a few weeks.
    Congratulations.

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I did it to Luxembourg (and met my wife over there :))

All I can say is embrace it, it's a life changing opportunity and great for you both professionally and personally.

Like Jaron above I am somewhat jealous of you at the moment.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Out in Dallas at the moment, all been approved by HR and Legal, and a 3 year visa is currently in progress!

Exciting times! looks like i'll be a resident in the US and moving in about 2-3 months :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
    SimonV and rocdamike like this.
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good news mate – great opportunity. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Many congratulations!

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Sounds really interesting, good experience.

I still work in the same town I was born in! :blink I have moved away, just commute back in for work.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012