Mouse

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by metrock 66, Apr 3, 2008.

1. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

My mouse has given up the ghost just wont go where i want it to go. Can any one recommend a half decent one. I have cleaned it numerous times it just dont wanna know. (no micky/minnie jokes please)

Certifications: None
    WIP: Just started A+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

There are many cheap mice available. My view is that they are so cheap now they can be replaced rather than spend hours on them!

However - when cleaning them many people miss the fact that it is the *rollers* that need cleaning, rarely the ball.

Use of an optical mouse also solves the cleaning problem!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. OceanPacific

OceanPacific Byte Poster

Depends on what you want really. At work I use a Microsoft Intellimouse optical, at home I use a razer diamondback. I would reccomend either one, especially if your into gaming you just cant beat the diamondback (or any razer product for that matter) on performance. For normal use, id say anything Microsoft.

WIP: N+, A+
  4. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

Cheers guys willl have a look at the ones you mention

Certifications: None
    WIP: Just started A+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I love my Logitech MX700, but it's retired. I think the most similar mouse to that would be the MX620.

To ensure you'll like a mouse, I'd highly recommend feeling it yourself in a store before committing to buying it. Certainly you don't have to buy it there... get it somewhere online for cheap. But try it first to see if it "fits" for you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!