Mouse Scrolls Automatically

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr.Cheeks, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Chaps,

on my laptop, my mouse seems to scroll automatically for some bizarre reason, it will scroll to the bottom left and the screen and continue, even when i move it back up, it will continueto scroll back towards that direct.

A reboot fixes this problem temporarily, but it happens for a reason that i do not know of, i know a few other people had the same problem, and they are not sure of a perm resolution. The mouse is not external, its the "nipple" on the lappie itself, i googled for some answers, and one of the more relevants answers came back and said that there may be dust between the "nipple" and the "key", which seemed reasonable, but the mouse scrolls different directions, and it does get irriatating.

WIN 2K - SP4 - TOSH SAT PRO

Any ideas?

2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Any newer drivers available? Have you checked in the mouse settings for some obscure settings? No conflicts anywhere?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Had the same problem with my Dell, put some compressed air through it and cleaned up the keyboard. No problem after that 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Sparky - would i need to take the laptop apart?

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I didnt need to, I also replaced the 'nipple' as well.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Licking the nipple will usually clean it nicely. Just make sure to dry it completely afterwards. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

PMSL :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Mr.Cheeks

lappies been around, and dont know how many hands have been on the nipple, and i dont really plan on catching anything... thanks for the advice bro.

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Always here to help.

Next lesson is for the ladies - I will lecture on the proper way to clean a dongle. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!