Most reasonable VMWare recognised VCP 4 course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by tenrou, Aug 28, 2010.

1. tenrou

tenrou New Member

Hey,

Are there any VMWare recognized courses that are cheaper than the £2000 that VMware are looking through there training partners. I'd really quite like a VCP but I just can't justify the £2000 out of my own pocket.

Much appreciated.

Certifications: CCNA, Commvault, MCSE, MCITP:EA EMA DBA
    WIP: SCVMM, VCP, EMA 2010
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Unfortunately not, you have to go on a VMware authorised course to be able to sit the VCP.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. tenrou

tenrou New Member

I was 99% certain that was the case but I thought I'd ask in case there was some information that I wasn't aware of.

Cheers for getting back to me.

Certifications: CCNA, Commvault, MCSE, MCITP:EA EMA DBA
    WIP: SCVMM, VCP, EMA 2010
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

yes as above, you need to fork out a good amount to start with, but it seems that once your in then you can take the lesser "whats new" courses for about 500 notes or so for each new version.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

I work for Global Knowledge in the UK, we offer the official courses, and have some discounted bundles for the VCP - send me an email and I'll see if I can help you - if you decide to go down the VCP path...

[email protected]

Scott.

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)