1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOS/TAP qualification

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ploughclose, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. ploughclose

    ploughclose New Member


    I've been in IT training for years, but don't have any accreditation for it. I've heard of the above, but know nothing about them.

    Can anybody help?


    Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: Anything .NET!
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

    zimbo Petabyte Poster

    MOS as in Microsoft Office Specialist? If so i think its on about the same par as ECDL... MOS could be regarded a little higher thou.. :oops:
    Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

    Boycie Senior Beer Tester

    i would say the MOS is higher than ECDL. As for Tap, that is something on the end of my bath :tune
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Keimos

    Keimos Byte Poster

    Hi Chris,

    Microsft Office Specialist Master is a practical qualification that will take take you higher than the ECDL to use MS Office Appplications. TAP (from the Institute of IT Training)is a teaching or best practice qualification saying that you can teach.

    The ideal answer is both depending on you interests. By passing the MOS Office series you can then go for MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer, which does need a recognised teaching/training accreditation)

    Send me a PM and I will gladly give you a call about it.

    Certifications: Microsoft Office Specialist
  5. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

    wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

    Sorry that's not completely correct the MCT is a different qualification than the Microsoft Office Specialist Master Instructor. They both have different requirements.

    For the MCT click here .

    For the Microsoft Office Specialist Master Instructor, click here .

    The MCT is for the technicial side, but the Microsoft Office Specialist Master Instructor is for the "user" side.

    The general idea of what Keith was saying is good, why not go for the MOS certs then the Microsoft Office Specialist Master Instructor? It all adds up.

    Maybe an alternative to the TAP is the JEB? That is also a training qualification for IT. I forgot there is also a Comptia trainers certs which is the CTT+, that also looks good.

    Hope this helps.

    Certifications: CITP, PGDip, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: MSc in Tech Management

Share This Page