More about Fraser McKenzie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Leah, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Leah

Leah New Member

I signed up to Fraser McKenzie about a year ago, the contract stating that I would finish my exams within a year, Fraser Mc would find me suitable employment, and I would not be liable for any training costs. I took the 13 days of provided training, and passed the MCITP exams as well as ITIL. The 6 other exams are £88 a piece. Before I had paid for/taken any further exams, I heard from an employee that Fraser Mc was in trouble and people were being laid off and the company was going under. I obviously put my exams on hold until getting further information as I was NOT going to pay the £88 six times over if Fraser Mc were not going to stick to their end of the contract.

Now, I have found that getting any information from them is like getting blood out of a stone, and it has become apparent that I am liable to pay for the training costs as the loan is with Barclays bank.
    Basically, I don't think I should have to pay for not finishing my exams when it seems that I was not going to be found a job at all.
    Does anyone else have any information or advice or is in a similar pickle? :(

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Leah - there are (quite literally) dozens of threads about this Training Provider on here. Search the forums and you'll find the information you need.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Jeez, here we go again.

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Right everyone back onto the roller coaster!!!

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

When you've finished searching for FM, start searching for Advent.

All the answers are there for the taking.

When you say that you were not going to pay for the exams 'if Fraser Mc were not going to stick to their end of the contract' which end do you mean?

I'm assuming you're referring to them finding you suitable employment? 8)

Who was originally supposed to be paying for the exams, you or them?

What have Barclays said to you?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD