Mojopac - anyone heard of this?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Arroryn, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I just got back from the gym, and Martin was waxing lyrical about this.

Seems something along the lines of a Citrix-y client thing, where you can log in to your PC from home - but it lets you use your iPod or mobile phone (or whatever) to store your PC data.

I'm quite sceptical... and apparently it's freeware too (:blink) anyone come across this at all? Any opinions?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I haven't tried it Arro, but checking out the site info, it isn't like Citrix or PC anywhere or VNC or RDP.. it's got nothing to do with logging into your actual home PC remotely.

What it is, as far as i can tell, is a virtual environment more like VMware, that runs a watered down version of Windows much like BartPE. A portable operating system.

I would say that it comes very close to breaking Microsofts copyrights with the start menu and desktop being complete rip offs.

It probably runs as slow as a dog.

It's free, so why don't you try it out and give us a review :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You see, you don't advertise the 'being a test bunny' very well. lol. I might get my other half to try it, and see what he thinks!

The demo on their site seemed to advertise that it worked as a clone of your home PC almost - so I take it that wouldn't be the case (not if they expect you to run it and your home applications on an iPod Nano :blink)

PS Blue - LOVE the new avvy :tongue

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

hehe, can't have too many manic kitties IMO :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)