Module help

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Jul 21, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hi people

Currently im doing an access course, so that i then can go onto a degree coursein mid sept. Now ive done the first 4 modules and from 5 to number 10 i have to participate in an online discussion about vairous topics, lie exam rievision and essay writing etc.

The reason im asking you lot to help me is that the other people who are on this course with me are working at a slower pace, they are doing it over 26 weeks, whcih is what the course is meant to be, but im doing it as quick as i can for sept.

So would that be ok with you guys just giving feedback as if it were a normal subjetc etc. Im waiting for the go ahead from the tutor but i cant see it being a problem

Cheers
    Eddie :p

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Don't we have online discussions here anyway?

The way I see it you are already doing it! :biggrin

3. zxspectrum

Yes I know that SGUK but i thought it would be poilte for me to ask

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

fine by me, spec

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. zxspectrum

Well cheers for your help guys but the mail ive just got backgfrom the tutor doesnt make any great reading for me. Basically i have to discuss it with the other 8 people on my course. Which is infuriating for me as i want to get it done as soon as possible, ive done the first 4 mods so far, and the rest have only submitted one.

6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

thats a shame. post as and when required :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. zxspectrum

OK here goes but before you pass judgement and rip me to bits bear in mind that ive never written an essay in my life so these opinions are fresh and im sure as ill go on ill choose differnt methods.

A, important aspects of an essay

Research.

To get your point across to the person/people who will be reading your essay, you need to know what you are talking about. For this you should have good knowledge of the subject and also something to back you up, maybe put a quote in from person or put in a reference from a book etc.

Proof reading.

After all your time and effort, you don’t want to be losing valuable marks for what could be seen as poor grammar or spelling just because you couldn’t be bothered to check over what you had done. Basically what would be the point of pulling your hair out by writing the best essay you had ever done just to have it rejected because you didn’t check it over one last time for any errors.

Introduction.

The introduction is crucial to getting the person to read it, so you need to make it sound interesting and clearly state what topics you are going to cover and why you have chosen to cover them. This can be based on opinion or fact but nether the less it needs to be something that gets the readers full attention from the start.

Title.

The title needs to be short and sweet in my opinion, something that catches the eye and isn’t too long-winded, but also something that covers the subject you going talk about.

Clarity of expression.

When you are writing an essay or report if you assume that everyone knows what you are going on about then you are sure to hit a brick wall and your efforts will be in vein. If you can be clear in what you write and for when the topic starts becoming somewhat of a technical nature, if you could also give an example for the reader to relate to then your battle to win him or her over is going well and makes it a better reading experience.

cheers all
    Eddie