Modern warfare

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Mar 24, 2010.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

How many of you have got this game, i like it and play it a fair bit, i have both copies, modern warfare and modern warfare 2. Now i wasnt happy with buying modern warfare 2 as id waited in a queue and paid the top price for it, which was £45, while i heard of other people getting it from tesco for £25 and sam in sainsburys.

Played it today and they are offering a map pack expansion, but 2 of the maps that are on it, are on the call od duty 4 game, which means im paying twice here, which i think is taking the piss. This isnt fair at all or am i missing someething here, i know there are new maps on it, but these ither 2 are already in COD4, and we should get them for free basically.

Any views??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

My views are get Battlefield Bad Company 2 instead, amazing game and at least they allow others to host servers.

I refused to buy CODMW2 because of that.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I will not buy another FPS until crysis 2 comes out, unless its **** :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've got both and they rock.
    MW2 was the first time I really got into online gaming.

Mind you, it's dumped now for Half-Life2.

I really hate all this 'downloadable extras' stuff.
    Generally it ends up not worth having, but you buy it anyway.
    It sucks when they sell a game for £39.99 (or even £49.99) and then try to sell you additional maps/levels for £7.99 a go and skins/costumes for £3.99 each.
    And all it does is clog up your hard disk...

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Haven't got to MW2 or Bad Company 2 yet, both will have their day. Did anyone see Monday nights Gadget show where they recreated "The Pit" and had an ex Special Forces guy run it?

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I did indeed, and I couldn't help think the real life version, he didn't need to stand still to hit the targets. He could of fast walked forward shooting with no problems. 35 seconds is a poor time on that level.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. Gingerdave

See I found that interesting because that is how he would attack it in the real world, shooting from a stable base in cover, where as I would attack it in the same was as the presenter which is run and gun.

8. Len

Len Byte Poster

I tend to buy games that require at least some sort of skill. Safe to say no COD games are in there. :)

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  9. Gingerdave

And which games require the skill then? - I am intregued now

10. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well in the skill department i would say you do need some as if your like me and you use a sniper rifle then hitting a moving targets not the easiest thing to do, and surely lightening reactions are some sort of skill an all.

The online multiplay is where i like going as ive come across afew decent people who i always play against. Im starting to get bored of the xbox hardmen who tell me that they have slept with my mum or that they are going to do me in some way or other. And the other thing is the boosting that goes on, i cant see the point at all, as ok they 'win' the game with a nuke but really, they have cheated, so they dont win the game.

Rant over lol

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680