Modem Commands

Discussion in 'A+' started by Fanatical, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Does this come up much in the A+ exam? Been doing a couple of free tests and they seem to pop up in there and I dont remember coming across them in the MM All-in-one?

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Other people have mentioned them being missing in MM (2003 version at least).

I think if you look back in this forum it has been mentioned. (Like here)

Certainly for the 2003 objectives you should know
    1) that they exist and their format and
    2) A few basic ones such as ATZ, ATH and ATDT

I don't know about the new objectives.

There have been *many* times when I found that knowing the basics has helped me diagnose problems.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's whatcha get for takin' free tests. You get what you pay for (and sometimes, less).

Trust Meyers... or take some real tests where the writers care about helping you to pass rather than just throw some freebie questions together that could be covering old material. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Well I'm doing the old objectives anyway so older probaly is better in this case! I only use the free tests to keep me sharp, not as gospel to the actual exams but this question did keep popping up and having no knowledge of it at all I thought I'd ask

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Google for Hayes modem commands, and learn the most important ones, if you're worried about them... ATDT, ATZ, ATH, etc.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Ta...:biggrin