MOC material

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by h1tm4n, Mar 2, 2006.

1. h1tm4n

h1tm4n Bit Poster

Is it possible to obtain the blue MOC course books without attending the course itself?

I assume that as they are aimed at teacher led instruction, their contents and style may differ slightly from the equivalent MS exam guide?

Any thoughts?

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

from what i have read around they only seem to be for classes at MS training centres BUT maybe im wrong. You might want to look at the MS Press and Sybex training guide for MS exams because apparently the MOC's are very watered down and missing information from exams.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You can get the MS Self paced learning guide, which is designed (as it's name says) for self studiers from Amazon.

You can also, get hold of the materials that I have used which is the MOAC books. Available here .

As far as I know, unless you are on a course with a provider you can't get the files.

8)

4. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

When I did my 70-290 I bought some 2nd Hand ones off ebay for about £10.00 each, for the 2 courses...........

Muff

Certifications: ITIL 2011,MCSA 2008,MCSA 2003,CEH,Security+,A+,Net+,i-Net+,270,290,291,648,646
  5. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

yup, not enough depth in them

if you look at this link for server (for example) and see whats included in the course, it falls short of the requriements for the exam...

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-215.asp

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Clyde, no link!

Also the MOAC books that I suggested earlier don't have enough content in them either.

It sort of begs the question - Why do MS release the material if it's not good enough? :rolleyes:

7. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

heh heh ... ooops... :oops:

I think MS official stance is the material is not for you to pass the exam per se, but to get classroom experience of the product... after all, you need x years experience to be an mcse right *G* ?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  8. mufftak

mufftak Nibble Poster

If used in conjuction with other study guides & experience I found them OK (Also a cheap option for me)........:biggrin

Muff

Certifications: ITIL 2011,MCSA 2008,MCSA 2003,CEH,Security+,A+,Net+,i-Net+,270,290,291,648,646