Mission Trip III - earlier than expected!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Feb 23, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many of you provided prayers and contributions the past two years (link to 2008, link to 2009) so that I could go on mission trips to East Asia to share the love of Jesus Christ. I am very grateful for the assistance that you have provided. Thanks to your generous giving and faithful prayer intervention, we were able to teach English to students in a remote, impoverished area.

The town we visited in 2009 was much smaller than the one we visited in 2008, and it was literally in the middle of nowhere. But the school was just as large, and the kids were great!

While walking through the town, a woman drove up to us on a scooter and asked us if we spoke English. When we told her that we did, she told us that she was an English teacher at the OTHER middle school on the other side of town, and that we MUST come visit. So... we did! The kids and headmaster met us at the gate, and told us that we were the first foreigners to ever step foot in the schoolyard. We sang two songs to them ("Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "I Can Speak English") and they loved it. The teachers then invited us to dinner.

That school has invited us to come teach, as has another school in the city we visited in 2008. Therefore, we are returning earlier than expected, and I've been asked to go on this spring trip instead of the fall trip. We are going to be interacting with an unreached people group, almost all of whom have no access to the Gospel. 99% of them do not have any knowledge of Jesus.

There are two ways in which you can help, both of which are extremely important:

• Prayers - First and foremost, I seek your prayer support for myself, for the mission team, and most importantly, for those who we will have the opportunity to reach. Spiritual battles are won because of prayers and lost because of the absence of prayers. Without prayer, we are relying on our own fallible human selves to do work that only God can do. Therefore, I ask that you would consider supporting me with a commitment to pray during the days leading up to and during our mission trip - prayers for safety, prayers for strength, prayers for encouragement and boldness, and prayers for salvation.

• Finances - Secondly, I seek your financial support. The church is providing a discount for the spring trip, so the total cost for the mission trip is $1340 (normally $2000), primarily for airfare. I am confident that God will provide for this need through your faithful giving.

Please prayerfully consider whether God is leading you to provide prayer support, financial support, or both. By providing support, you will be investing in eternity and helping us do work for God's Kingdom.

If you feel led to offer financial support, please contact me via private message or e-mail. For those in the UK, or anywhere outside the US, I can accept donations to my PayPal account. For those in the US, you can write a tax-deductible check directly to my church.

For those of you who want a prayer guide, please send me your e-mail address. If you have any prayer requests, please send them to me - I would be honored to pray for you as you pray for us.

I am excited to see what God will do AGAIN as a result of our obedience to Him!

All for His glory, not for my own,

Michael

[​IMG]

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done Michael for spreading the good news of hope and redemption which often times us humans can't appreciate.

I thank God for your life and testimony, would be praying for you and send some money through paypal. Let's have your e-mail address for paypal:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You have my best wishes, I'll be thinking of you.

Total respect for your commitment and generosity.
    The world would be a better place for more like you.

Go well.

:salut

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. graphics

graphics Nibble Poster

Best wishes

I will pray for you and your mission team.God like good people and he will always be there when needed.
    Don't worry.Your trip will be a great success.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
    WIP: CCNA
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

^^^^ What Jonny said. I'll throw a few euro your way when I get 2 minutes

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. BosonMichael

You guys are absolutely great. Thanks, everyone. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Hi Michael.

Heres hoping you have a safe and successful trip. Donation coming your way on Friday, if you could PM me the paypal details.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  8. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Michael,

Although I am an atheist myself I do belive that I was given the choice and I am glad that you're giving the same choice to the others. Having said that I cannot pray for you, nor I can support you financially (due to my financial circumstances at this time). I can however wish you very best and I hope your trip will be as safe and successful as possible.

Only great people do things like that. Respect mate.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  9. BosonMichael

Thank you both! PM on the way, Maria. :)

10. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Good work - your work reflects well on the IT community, and your words give food for thought.
    Please PM me, I would like to make a donation.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  11. BosonMichael

To date, you guys have donated $74.49. Thank you ever so much for the support you guys have given thus far. :)

12. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

What a nice thread to read, I find it re-assuring theres people out there like you that do care and go out there way to help others that are less fortunate. I am a strong believer and if I could I would donate however I am in a rather big financial crisis and will donate as soon as I can.

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  13. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

What's your total so far then?

14. BosonMichael

Dave, your prayers will be more than enough. Save up and donate next year or the year after! :)

15. BosonMichael

All the stateside donations go directly to the church, so I don't ever know how much has been raised unless I ask the mission pastor, who keeps track of all that stuff.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  16. GiddyG

Well, I hope you raise what you need and the very best of luck with the mission. I'll be thinking of you.

17. BosonMichael

Pretty sure I will, since I have to raise far less this year than the last couple years! :) Only down side is the short notice... not a lot of time to ask for donations.

18. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

How Michael, have sent a little token via paypal for this great task. I have also e-mailed you via private e-mail my e-mail address.

Cheerio:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  19. BosonMichael

Thanks, Onoski! :)

Wow, is it almost April already? :ohmy

20. GiddyG

It is indeed... have you got your bags packed? 8)