Mission Trip 4 (and 5?)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Mar 11, 2011.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many of you provided prayers and contributions the past three years (link to 2008, link to 2009, link to 2010) so that I could go on mission trips to East Asia to share the love of Jesus Christ. I am very grateful for the assistance that you have provided. Thanks to your generous giving and faithful prayer intervention, we have been able to teach English to students in a remote, impoverished area. Most (if not all) of them have never interacted with a native English speaker before, as they don't live in a city or a tourist area.

In 2010, we returned to the town we went to in 2008, but we taught at a different school, one further out in the countryside. Rather than have the teachers rotate classes, the headmaster wanted us to stay with the classes we were assigned for the entire week. In my opinion, this worked out quite well, as we got to bond more with the kids in our classes. I also got to be good friends with a young engaged couple who I hope to be lifelong friends with.

This year, we are going to return to the small village we visited in 2009 - the same one where an English teacher rode up to us out of the blue and asked us to come to her school. Considering there are only two schools in the village (and we've already taught at one of them), I am guessing that we are going to teach at her school. We will probably also be performing health screenings in the afternoons. (Unfortunately, this means I'm gonna have to get a Hepatitis A shot. Ack! :blink)

The people who live in this village are an unreached people group, almost all of whom have no access to the Bible. 99% of them do not have any knowledge of Jesus.

If finances permit, I will also go on another mission trip in the summer, where we will be doing a sports camp.

There are two ways in which you can help, both of which are extremely important:

• Prayers - First and foremost, I seek your prayer support for myself, for the mission team, and most importantly, for those who we will have the opportunity to reach. Spiritual battles are won because of prayers, and they are lost because of the absence of prayers. Without prayer, we are relying on our own fallible human selves to do work that only God can do. Therefore, I ask that you would consider supporting me with a commitment to pray during the days leading up to and during our mission trip - prayers for safety, prayers for strength, prayers for encouragement and boldness, and prayers for salvation.

• Finances - Secondly, I seek your financial support. The cost for the first mission trip is $2000, and the cost for the second mission trip is around $1800. I am confident that God will provide enough for both opportunities through your faithful giving.

Please prayerfully consider whether God is leading you to provide prayer support, financial support, or both. By providing support, you will be investing in eternity and helping us do work for God's Kingdom.

For those who do not believe in Christianity, you'll still be making a difference in these kids lives, as we can give them knowledge that will help some of them get out of the impoverished situation they are in.

If you feel led to offer financial support, please contact me via private message or e-mail. For those in the UK, or anywhere outside the US, I can accept donations to my PayPal account (the same account I've had in previous years). For those in the US, you can write a tax-deductible check directly to my church.

For those of you who want a prayer guide, please send me your e-mail address. If you have any prayer requests, please send them to me - I would be honored to pray for you as you pray for us.

I am excited to see what God will AGAIN do as a result of our obedience to Him, and I am amazed at what He is doing already!

All for His glory, not for my own,

Michael

[​IMG]

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

So far I have received one donation. I give you my thanks! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!