Mile2 Accredited Training Center

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Invictus13, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Invictus13

Invictus13 New Member

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know what people's views are in relation to Mile2 courses.

Specifically I am potentially looking at going down the Accredited Training Provider as none are registered in Italy at present. I see from the Mile2 site that they have impressive references from various government and commercial entities. Before embarking on what is a substantial investment I wanted to gage from you your thoughts on the Mile2 certifications in general and of the CISSO in particular.

Thanks for your time.

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi Invictus, I'm glad you've asked. As you'll see from my sig I gained the CPTS some time ago from Mile2. I self studied along with general tinkering of my own as I'm interested in security. I live in the UK and I've never had anyone comment on me having the CPTS, or acknowledge it as a credible certification. This could be just in my own experience, limited to just the UK or mean that its not very well known. In hindsight I wish I had just pursued the CEH as that is much better known and I think can count toward credits for your CISSP (I think :S its been a while). The exam was tough, I only just scraped through, and it was worth doing for my own piece of mind, testing what I knew, but so far, I'm yet to claw back anything from the expense and I now leave it off my CV. Cheers, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Invictus13

Invictus13 New Member

Hi Jim,

thank you for your honest input.

I thought Mile2 is were CEH was a few years ago but despite their references on their site there have been a few discrepancies along the way. I wanted to have a feel for what experts in the market (like yourself) thought of it.

Can anyone else comment on the Mile2 courses?

Thx