Mike Meyers Network+ book

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Eggbert, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Eggbert

Eggbert Bit Poster

Hello All, this is just a question about Mike Meyers Network+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Third Edition.

Is this book still current and relevant to the latest Network+ exam?

Cheers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=320449101&pf_rd_i=507846

Certifications: A+ Network+
    WIP: Diablo II
  2. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

That's one of the books I used for the Network+ and as far as I'm aware is still current.

Personally, I think it's the best book for the Network+ although I'm sure others here will have another preference :twisted:

There was an update to the test questions contained on the CD due to a shift by Comptia on the course focus but by all accounts, that was a minimal change. If you get the book, you can get the additional questions by checking this post out - http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread19037.html

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  3. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

yakety smakety

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  4. Eggbert

Eggbert Bit Poster

Is there an updated book? I was under the impression it was his latest version???

5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Having a quick look on Amazon I can only see the 3rd edition from Mike Meyers also.
    That said, I also compliment it with Exam Cram 2 and Sybex books.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Yep, those are the three books I used to pass my N+ with.

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  7. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  8. paulbarron

paulbarron New Member

Sadly this does present the current objectives (Pearson Vue mention their 2007 version, but they are still using 2005 objectives). The latest publication I've seen is by O'Reilly - Nutshell - A+, N+ and Server+ - published mid 2007. Saying that if you view Amazon.US and do a Network+ search (not COMPTIA) published in February 2008 are Que Exam Prep/Cram e-books for Network+, but I suspect they are straight reproduction of what came out earlier.

Hope this proves useful.

9. Eggbert

Eggbert Bit Poster

I guess even if it doesn'tt cover everything, it will be a useful book to read.

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have it along with the groth book the groth book is good.

BTW compTIA has changed the name of the exam to network + 2007 but it is still the 2005 objectives.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. nedia

nedia New Member

my copy came today :) whats the hardest parts? had a quick skim through and it seemed like it'll be easy enough to learn if the right attitude is taken!

12. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Hey, i've got the Mike Meyer's Network+ second edition is that newer or older than the third edition?

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Higher numbered editions are always newer than lower numbered editions. It wouldn't make sense for the Third Edition to be released before the Second Edition.

The Network+ All-in-One Third Edition was published in August 2004. The Network+ All-in-One Second Edition was published in January 2002.

Keep in mind that Meyers' All-in-One series is different than Meyers' Passport series. The most recent Network+ Passport book is the Second Edition.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Ohh ya, I should of said that I have got the Network+ Passport Second Edition book.

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If you want to find out when a couple of books were published to see which one is newer, just look them up on Amazon. The publication date is expressed in month, day, and year.

Certifications: A+ and Network+