Mike Meyers Lab Manual - Study Advice

Discussion in 'A+' started by Professor-Falken, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Hey just got the Mike Meyers Lab Manual. But I am not sure how i should go about using it. Should I complete reading and making notes on the entire book and then start doing the labs on each chapter. Or should I read a chapter and then do each lab.

I should probably read a chapter and do the labs right. Ok just thought I would ask.

Thanks again,
    Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes Prof, read the chapter and then do the associated lab and with luck the combination of study and practice will help it all sink in. Don't rush the labs, take your time and try to understand what you are doing.

When I did the Microsoft labs as part of the MCSE thing, I was always amazed that it became a race of clicking next. Rather than people trying to learn, they appeared to be trying to improve their typing prowess. :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

Im going to steal the thread here but whats the difference between the lab manuals and the all in one guide.

Does the lab manual cover everything thats in the A+ all in one guide, or, does it just give you certain topics to try in a test setup?

Cheers

Neall

WIP: A+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yeah, i would like to know too. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Yes, basically the lab manual covers almost everything talked about in the A+ Exam guide.

Ok thanks for your help

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +