Mike Meyers Essentials Guide Quiz Answers?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Killian, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Hi all

I’ve only just came across this site and really wish I had of done sooner after looking through the stickies and whatnot! Anyway, the reason I am posting is this; I recently came to the decision that I’m going to change careers, moving from my current Human Resources profession to the IT profession as I feel its more suited to me. I’m only 22 and the pay cut won’t be that bad so I think now’s a better time than ever.

I’m quite a jump in feet first person so I bought the Mike Meyers Essential Guide to A+ (see here) with the intention of studying it in my spare time and sitting the exams to get some kind of entry level qualification. I’ve read through a few of the chapters and I’m soaking it up like a sponge, or atleast I think I am.

My query is this; I’m getting to the end of chapter reviews where it asks the quiz type questions and I’m answering them though I can’t find any answers to check them against? I know the answers are in the chapter but I didn’t really want to be going through a 50 odd page chapter checking answers. Am I missing something? I can’t find them in the ebook anywhere and have left the book at home as its not exactly inconspicuous enough to read at work without drawing unwanted attention and questions.

I’ve tried doing a good old google search but no where seems to store the answers. Can anybody point the way or even tell me if I’m looking for something that doesn’t exist?

And please don't tell me I should have bought the All In One guide, I kind of realise that now :rolleyes: lol

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  2. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I was going to say buy the all in one guide but you covered it just in time :lol:
    Ive no experience of that book to be honest, in the all in one book the questions are listed, then the answers are after the list of questions which makes it quite easy.
    Your book seems to just be for the essentials exam of the A+ which at a guess id say youll then need to decide which second test you wish to do and buy the relevant book, that said them books are more expensive than the all in one guide so maybe you should still buy that.

WIP: A+
  3. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Yeah, I've just put an order in at Amazon as I keep hearing good things, only cost me £17 odd as well :)

Might see if I can just send this one back or maybe hold on to it for cross referencing. Will wait and see what the all in one is like.

Thanks for the reply.

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Get AIO guide make sure its the 6th edition you get.

The answers to the quizes if not after the questions will probably be at the back but then again I havent seen that book before.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I've never seen it either. You're definitely better off with the All In One 6th Edition, as GBL says.

6. David S

David S Bit Poster

I'm using AIO 6th edition but one thing I found was doing the review questions straight after reading through the chapter made answering too easy. Every thing was still fresh in my mind. I've decided to leave all the questions till i've finished my first read through. Hopefully this will show what has/hasn't sunk in.
    David

7. greenbrucelee

That would be a good idea then, you could go through again hilighting important points. Thats how I did it.8)

8. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I dont know, i think answering the end of chapter questions helps set you up for what you are meant to be taking in, for example after reading the first chapter to mention IRQ's i got to the end questions and it asked me what IRQ was associated with a certain device, to which I thought ' oh, I was meant to be remembering the actual numbers, i thought that was just as an example' and then that kind of conditions you a bit more to take little details in

9. greenbrucelee

This totally works on remembering IRQs you can modify it to remeber all sorts.http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=89855&postcount=5

10. Juspaul

Juspaul Bit Poster

Sounds to me like its a Unit from a training supplier, Because I just got this through with my training. They give you the answers.

Although I use the all in 1 as well as an addition to what the trainer supplies.

Certifications: C&G Print Origination
    WIP: A+, CIW