Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 Tutorials

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by Colin1, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hello people,

I have decided that once my A+ is done I am going to try and get to grips with the N+ and Server+ simultaneously. Now I am thinking that setting up a virtual client - server envrionment on my laptop will get me use to hands on stuff with a server and how they work??

I have set up up a virtual client - server envrionment in college but I have forgotten how I did it :blink. Is there any tutorials around that I can get my hands on? in time I will hit the books, just busy with other stuff at the moment!

Cheers

C :D

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

For Virtual PC?
    That's allmost self explaining. You build the environment in VPC (amount of memory, number of harddisks) and then start up this virtual machine.
    It will complain it can not find an OS, so you insert your disk with the OS and install it.
    You can find evaluation editions on the MS site.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Ye I know its self explanotory, I just havent done it in a while, I will have a play around with it and I am sure it will all come back to me. Thanks anyway

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  4. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

The help menu in Virtual PC should point you in the right direction. It will tell you how to setup an o/s in virtual pc, it's then up to you how you configure the client and server machines.

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270