Microsoft Valued Professional

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Fluid, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Hi ladies and gents,

I have set myself a new task, i would like to become a MVP over the next year or two. So i am going to write as much articles i can on windows servers and vista. I will be posting my articles here every few days as i complete them. It would be great if people could provide me with some input on them, if they can understand them, if they think i should add or take away something from them. That would be great. Also im not sure what format i should use, i was thinking of going with .pdf anyone got any ideas? Thank you!

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I mean no offense... but don't you think you should first get a few years of real-world experience AND become a highly respected member of the online technical community? You won't likely get MVP status just by posting a bunch of articles... you need to become a recognized expert in the field. You also have to have someone nominate you (which is why you need to become a highly respected and contributing member... which takes time).

The MVP award is certainly something worth shooting for. I wish you the best of luck! :)

...and now that you mention it... perhaps there's a few people here I'd like to nominate... will have to look into that process.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Nominate me for Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA):blink

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I'd have to agree, it's very laudable for you to have this goal, its just that it should be a long term goal ! At only 19 you'd have to be a truly exceptional individual to have accumulated a large body of relevant knowledge. :D

5. BosonMichael

If you've got the $10,000 to spend, and don't mind standing in front of a certification board, sure! :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Really?

I'd never considered it before, but now that you ask...

:tune

:biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

nominate me! i aint got no ms certs, totally crap at writing articles, infact, my writing skills are crap full stop and the only field im an expert in, is taking a piss!

so what ya say? Can i expect a vote or two?

8. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

MVPs are are certainly ones that I look up to (even though I have caught one or two out with a problem with DirectX SDK). Their depth of knowledge is very wide. IMO you should easily be able to author several books in your field before becoming an MVP.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  9. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

ok i understand now thanks for the help!

10. BosonMichael

I nominate you, you nominate someone else, they nominate a fourth party, and they nominate me... I sorta like this idea! 8)

11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I can join this party of yours. I'd like to nominate... :lol:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security