Microsoft responds to MyDoom Virus

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonV, Jan 28, 2004.

1. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

[​IMG]<font size="3">Microsoft responds to MyDoom Virus</font>
    Microsoft Consumer Virus Alert:

Why We Are Issuing This Alert

W32/Mydoom@MM spreads through e-mail. This worm can disguise the sender's address, a tactic known as spoofing, and may generate e-mails that appear to have been sent by Microsoft. Many of the addresses Mydoom uses are valid addresses that are being spoofed for malicious purposes.

Treat all e-mail attachments with caution, particularly .zip files in the case of this virus, even if they appear to be from a trusted source. Learn what to do about virus infections.

View: MyDoom Virus Information

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      Fortunately we weren't hit by MyDoom, but my daughter's e-mail address was spoofed. I got it this morning (yes, I look at my kids' e-mails...you can never be too careful what nutballs might send your kids) and found this:

I checked it out at a security forum and sure enough, my daughter's address (I took it out above just because) was spoofed. She got the actual warning but we never sent the infected message. I ran Norton twice just to make sure. Virus definition is current at January 26th. Just thought I'd pass this along.
    2. Jakamoko
      Jakamoko
      Hmmm - looks like it brought down our Mail Server at work today

:twisted: :snipersm: