(Microsoft) Performance-Based Testing Flies Into Pilot Phase

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

(Microsoft) Performance-Based Testing Flies Into Pilot Phase

Microsoft offers up version of exam that tests new performance-based questions covering Active Directory implementation with Windows Server 2008.

Microsoft turns performance-based testing up a notch with twist: an exam with question types that you answer by working within an emulated environment. According to a blog post from Microsoft Learning marketing communications team member Trika Harms zum Spreckel that provides loads of detail on the new performance-based tests, the new exam type differs from simulations in that the environment that you're being tested on is a working environment, and the task you're asked to perform may be done using several different paths, rather than a prescribed or recommendeded route that's often hard-coded into a simulation.

Read the story here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments