Microsoft OS Development License Pack

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Hoping some of you guys can help me out here.

One of our developers has an MSDN license which (as you know) entitles him to install and run various bits of software for development purposes (such as server 2k3, etc).

However, my understanding of the licensing on MSDN is that anyone wanting to use that software must have their own copy of an MSDN license. Thus if he sets up a dev server with 2k3, in order for me to access it and make use of it, I need an MSDN license.

I'm sure I read about a different subscription pack that MS have that does virtually the same thing, but doesnt require a per developer license. Am I making this up, or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

See here. Hopefully it's what you're after.

I'm not sure about the "team" subscription.

-Ken

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Fergal1982

Bah. More or less what I thought on MSDN. Doesn't allow multiple users (At least not without their own version of MSDN).

I'm sure I read about some other subscription pack that did something similar for things win server 2k3, etc, that wasn't limited to a per person subscription.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Could it be :

a) they've changed the criteria

b) maybe under volume lic agreements ?

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Fergal1982

Think it was one of those two. Thanks for those.