Microsoft issues patch for Vista OS build

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Jan 17, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Microsoft issues patch for Vista OS build

I couldn't believe my eyes when I found an article stating that MS has issued a patch for an operating system still under development. -Trip

Microsoft Corp. has issued a patch for a preliminary version of its Vista OS for the same graphics-rendering problem that raised concerns about current versions of the Windows OS earlier this month. The patch applies to a Community Technology Preview (CTP) of Vista released in December, a version available to Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Universal subscribers and beta testers, according to Microsoft's Web site. Vista isn't due for a general release to the public until later this year.

To read the complete article, click Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Fergal1982
      Fergal1982
      its a bloody beta version - of course its going to be buggy and full of holes. what the hell are they doing spending time patching it. just get the bloody thing working and into production!

Man if ever a corporation need a swift thump across the skull.......
    2. Baba O'Riley
      Baba O'Riley
      It's interesting that they weren't even going to release the patch for XP ahead of the monthly schedule because they didn't consider it a major threat. Now MS obviously consider it such a threat they are releasing a patch for a beta product! Just goes to show you can never beleive what MS tell you. :x
    3. MarkN
      MarkN
      Can't be that much new code in Vista if they have managed to port over vulnerabilities from other products!
    4. zimbo
      zimbo
      hahaahaha LOL thats some serious laughing! i dont know why but im not at all fazzed at vista i couldnt care less to upgrade.. bet you it will be less secure than xp! :biggrin :biggrin