Microsoft Free Retake Offer

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by michael78, Feb 28, 2005.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Just thought I would post this Microsoft are starting a free retake promotion starting today 28th Feb until May. I've rang Pearson VUE and they confirm this. Neither Microsoft nor Pearson VUE have any details on there websites at the mo. When they do I'mm post the URL for people to see. So this maybe a good time to take those MCP exams...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Make sure that's applicable in the UK. VUE and MS had a similar promotion last year, but it was only available in the US.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. michael78

I've checked and it's for everyone. Good to know Microsoft realises that people outside of America take MCP exams as well. Sometimes non-americans tend to get shafted when it comes to exam promotions...:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Good. I agree about Microsoft's US-centric viewpoint.

5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

well I hope it covers the W2K track too! Everything M$ does for free is normally aimed at XP and 2003:(

Thanks for the info!

Sacha

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. drum_dude

Yahoo!!!!! Found this on http://www.getcertify4less.com/microsoft-pearsonvue-secondshot.asp

Microsoft Second Shot Exam Free Offer

Back by popular demand, Microsoft is offering all MCP candidates worldwide free second attempts on all failed exams, beginning February 28. Candidates that take any MCP exam between February 28, 2005 and May 31, 2005 will receive one free retake for each failed exam.

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q1: Which exams are included in the Second Shot Exam offer?
    Answer:Any MCP Microsoft exam is covered in this offer.

Q2: Can a candidate take the exams at any exam delivery provider?
    Answer:Yes.

Q3: If a customer fails an exam at a Prometric testing site, can he/she retake it for free at a Pearson VUE testing site?
    Answer:No. Customers must take and fail an exam at the same electronic delivery provider during the eligibility period. They may then retake that same exam at no additional cost during the redemption period at a Pearson VUE testing site (either the same testing site, or any other Pearson VUE testing site throughout the world).

Q4: How do customers get their free exam retake?
    Answer:Customers must call the same electronic delivery provider to receive to schedule their free retake. Customers should wait at least one business day (after failing an exam) before calling to schedule their free retake (the delay is needed to allow validated exam records to get into the system). The call center representative will validate eligibility. The customer should identify they are taking part in the "Second Shot" campaign.

Q5: Do customers have to call Pearson VUE central registration for their initial exam attempt, too?
    Answer:No, only the free exam retake must be registered through electronic delivery providers. For all other exam registrations, customers may choose to register via the Web, at the testing site, or via central registration.

Q6: How many free exams can a candidate receive?
    Answer:Customers are entitled to retake any one (1) exam that they failed during the eligibility period. They may receive only one free retake, regardless of how many attempts or different exams they attempt. The free retake cannot be applied to an exam the customer did not take (and fail) during the eligibility period.

Q7: What is the time frame that a candidate must take the first exam and the retake of the same exam?
    Answer:Candidates must take the first exam between February 28 and May 31, 2005 and if they fail it, they may retake the same exam at no additional cost by May 31, 2005.

Q8: If a customer failed an exam prior to February 28, 2005, can he/she retake it for free prior to May 31, 2005?
    Answer:No. However, if the customer fails the exam again between February 28, and May 31, 2005, he/she is eligible for the free exam retake offer.

Q9: Can a candidate retake the exam any time after failing it?
    Answer:Possibly. All retake timeframes are subject to compliance with Program Retake rules which state:
    If you do not pass an exam the first time, you may retake it at any time. If you do not achieve a passing score a second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the exam a third time. A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes. If you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again. Beta exams may be taken only once.

Q10: Is this second shot exam offer available worldwide?
    Answer:Yes, this second shot exam offer is available worldwide.

EXCELLENT!!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Ok, just to verify, this applies to Prometric as well as VUE test sites, right? Last year, MS did the same thing but it was only offered through VUE. Thanks for the info.

8. drum_dude

Looks VUE to me Trip! My local centre is VUE and I've taken 3 MCPs with them and so far now problems. I have heard that the 2003 MCPs at VUE have been dodgy though - such as test programs crashing or getting stuck causing students to run out of time etc...

Cheers

Sacha

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Bummer. I hate VUE. Worst testing experience of my life. I've tested there twice and both times were an amazing pain. First time, the room was packed with other test takers and people were brought in and taken out throughout my test. The VUE person bringing the test candidate in was overly chatty and distracting.

Second time, the test crashed multiply and froze during the test. They could unfreeze it, but *my time kept running* when the test froze. They refused to restart the time and refused to allow a re-test afterwards. If I can avoid it, I'll never use VUE again.

10. michael78