Microsoft Fast-tracks Windows 7, Goes Straight To RC1

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Microsoft Fast-tracks Windows 7, Goes Straight To RC1

Citing the positive response from the developer community, Microsoft has asserted that it won’t launch any more beta versions of Windows 7, as the release candidate for the operating system is there in the offing.

The operating system has exhibited notable stability since its pre-beta code was launched, and the company claimed that the constructive beta feedback from developers has provided the impetus to switch to its next level of development.

Exact information about the launch date of the first release candidate (RC1) hasn’t been disclosed yet, albeit the company is expected to unveil the finalized version of the operating system by the end of this year.

Read the rest of the article here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. NightWalker
      NightWalker
      Good news. I didn't think Vista was all that bad, it was mainly people called Pete that worked in a sweet factory that were bad mouthing it. Win7 has impressed me, I have even started using the beta on my main machine as it performs pretty well and has been no more trouble than any final release OS from the soft.
    2. ThomasMc
      ThomasMc
      My names not Pete, not sure about Zeb though 8)
    3. NightWalker
      NightWalker
      The 'Pete' thing came from a thread a few weeks ago, it made me laugh. Some guy that worked in a sweet factory told his mate to format his legal Vista OS and install a hooky copy of XP 'cos Vista is rubbish' (it's not the best thing ever invented but it's not that bad). I think it was in a post by Drumdude.